Thursday, April 25, 2013

Adventures In Nail Art: Nail Stickers


Last year,I really enjoyed using nail stickers. I got cool, vibrant, and detailed designs on my nails that lasted for about 2 weeks and they only took 5 minutes to apply! I would just have to peel them off and apply them to my nails and remove the excess from around my cuticles. The process was extremely simple. I used the Sally Hansen Salon Effects which are around $9-10 if I remember correctly. It comes with the 16 stickers, a cuticle stick, a buffer, and a nail file. The instructions were very detailed and simple to follow. Unfortunately, I had to stop using them because I felt like they were destroying my nails. After I would take the stickers off, the texture of my nails would be rougher and messed up for about a week. It appeared as though the top layer of my nail was being removed by the stickers. Even though I had a beautiful manicure for 2 weeks, I don't think the condition of my nails after I removed them was worth the investment. I like to be able to switch nail designs quickly, so I didn't like taking the time to try to repair them in between manicures. I would just work with using regular nail polish instead. Stamps are a great way to get detailed manicures without the hard work as an alternative!

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Divertidas manicuras!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fisrt design, lot of colors!!!
    thanks for your comment :)
    greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Thank you for visiting my blog, following you now on Bloglovin :)
    Follow back and Lets stay connected,
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're blog is so beautiful! And this nails look nice!

    Please, visit my blog and comment! That only take you one second ♥

    Kisses!
    Susana,
    lunykornio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u, I'm following u too now!


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/04/my-two-casual-outfits-with-funny-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi dear, thanks for visiting my blog!

    love your nail stickers, it's so cute :D

    would you like to follow each other?? I'm following you now, hope you'll follow me back

    XOXO.

    http://revealyourmask.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, I've never used stamps so I will look in to this!
    Laura. xx

    www.stylishvue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, great post love :)

    Please check out my blog?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete