For this facial, you need:
- a handful of oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- (optional) Take the handful of oatmeal and grind it down to powder
- Mix the ground oatmeal, honey, and water in a bowl until a paste is formed
- Apply the paste to your face, excluding your eye area
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse the mask off by gently massaging in a circular motion (this helps exfoliate)
- Moisturize with your usual moisturizer
(Do a patch test to ensure that you're not going to have a reaction)
Why are oatmeal face masks good?
- Oatmeal is said to heal skin and provide a soothing relief from redness and irritation.
- Oatmeal moisturizes your skin because oatmeal is full of healthy, lubricating fats.
- Oatmeal has proteins that helps keep the skin's natural barrier intact. This ensures that the world stays out, and what's in the skin stays in.
- Oatmeal has saponins, which are natural cleansers, that clean out pores.
- Oatmeal prevents flakiness and dryness because it leaves a thin protective film on the skin.
|With mask (unground oatmeal, no honey)|
|After (I turned to face the light)|