Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oatmeal Face Mask

Whenever I need to exfoliate my face, or just need a good soothing face mask, I use oatmeal. Oatmeal is known to be a good meal, but it's also good to use on your skin. I personally have very sensitive skin and I am known to break out whenever I use something that is too harsh. This face mask also is a good mask to use if you have acne. With an oatmeal mask, I never break out and it leaves my skin glowing and feeling smooth! The best part is that it's made with ingredients I always have~

For this facial, you need:
  • a handful of oatmeal
  • 1/2 teaspoon of honey (optional)
  • 3/4 teaspoon water
Steps
  1. (optional) Take the handful of oatmeal and grind it down to powder
  2. Mix the ground oatmeal, honey, and water in a bowl until a paste is formed
  3. Apply the paste to your face, excluding your eye area
  4. Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes
  5. Rinse the mask off by gently massaging in a circular motion (this helps exfoliate)
  6. Moisturize with your usual moisturizer
(Do a patch test to ensure that you're not going to have a reaction)

Why are oatmeal face masks good?
  • Oatmeal is said to heal skin and provide a soothing relief from redness and irritation.
  • Oatmeal moisturizes your skin because oatmeal is full of healthy, lubricating fats.
  • Oatmeal has proteins that helps keep the skin's natural barrier intact. This ensures that the world stays out, and what's in the skin stays in.
  • Oatmeal has saponins, which are natural cleansers, that clean out pores.
  • Oatmeal prevents flakiness and dryness because it leaves a thin protective film on the skin. 

With mask (unground oatmeal, no honey)

After (I turned to face the light)

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: