Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Love Baking: Banana Pudding Cake


For the birthdays in my family, I like to take requests and bake whatever they want. My little brother had one of the most creative ideas ever and it required me to invent my own recipe. He wanted a banana pudding cake (a cake literally filled with banana pudding). It was my first time coming up with my own recipe, so I thoroughly researched what cake flavors would go well with banana pudding. I eventually went with yellow cake.This is definitely one of the best cakes I have ever made and it's really quite simple!

Banana Pudding Cake



Ingredients For The Yellow Cake:


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
  • 1 + 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
Instructions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
3. Next, add butter, milk and vanilla. Then beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides as needed.
4. Add eggs, beat for 3 more minutes.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally among both. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Turn out and cool thoroughly on wire racks. Refrigerate cakes.


Banana Pudding Filling Ingredients:

  • 2 bananas thinly sliced
  • 1 box of vanilla wafers
  • 2 packs of instant vanilla pudding (and whatever ingredients that are necessary to make the mix)
Instructions For Constructing Cake:
  1. Make The banana pudding and refrigerate for 30 minutes making sure it's thick.
  2. Put the first layer of cake on a cake pan.
  3. Add a thick layer of banana pudding in the middle of the cake. Make sure it doesn't go too close to the edges of the cake.
  4. Cover the layer evenly with both vanilla wafers and banana slices.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
  6. Add one last layer of banana pudding. 
  7. Top with the second layer of cake. Pat the sides to make sure the banana pudding doesn't spill out of the middle. 
  8. Top with whipped cream frosting (I just bought mine) and crushed vanilla wafers! 
  9. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  10. Enjoy~







(I forgot to use a stabilizing agent in my whipped cream when I decorated with it T-T)



Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! <3
    You seriously have to teach me how to bake! Lookin' super tasty :9
    Bisous! :*

    Sequin Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hungry. Looks delicious!
    http://catswalldrobe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!! I need to try this recipe! xoxo
    http://heelsandpeplum.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you put in whip cream to stabilizing it?

    ReplyDelete