DIY: Coconut Oil Hair Mask by l3xiluthor featuring a hair blow dryer
It's summer and I'm sure I'm not the only one suffering from dry, dull, and frizzy hair. Want an easy and homemade solution? Then look no further. All it talkes is a little coconut oil and some of your time!
- About 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil per 1" section of hair
- Start with dry hair.
- Part your hair down the middle, and clip each side.
- Take the coconut oil and rub it between your hands.
- Starting with one half of your hair, rub the oil from your scalp to your ends. Make sure to add more oil when needed. You want to saturate your hair.
- Repeat on the other half of hair.
- Comb the oil from roots to ends.
- Place hair in bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Shampoo hair twice to make sure all of the oil is out. Make sure you work the shampoo through your hair BEFORE rinsing with water.
Why Coconut Oil Is Good For Your Hair:
- Adds shine
- Softens hair
- Preserves hair's natural proteins, which helps repair damage
- Can provide relief from dandruff
- Improves strength and flexibility because it penetrates the inner part of your hair