Friday, June 14, 2013

DIY: Coconut Oil Hair Mask

DIY: Coconut Oil Hair Mask

DIY: Coconut Oil Hair Mask by l3xiluthor featuring a hair blow dryer

It's summer and I'm sure I'm not the only one suffering from dry, dull, and frizzy hair. Want an easy and homemade solution? Then look no further. All it talkes is a little coconut oil and some of your time!

Ingredients:
  • About 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil per 1" section of hair
Instructions:

  1. Start with dry hair.
  2. Part your hair down the middle, and clip each side.
  3. Take the coconut oil and rub it between your hands.
  4. Starting with one half of your hair, rub the oil from your scalp to your ends. Make sure to add more oil when needed. You want to saturate your hair.
  5. Repeat on the other half of hair.
  6. Comb the oil from roots to ends.
  7. Place hair in bun and cover with a shower cap.
  8. Leave on for 30 minutes to an hour.
  9. Shampoo hair twice to make sure all of the oil is out. Make sure you work the shampoo through your hair BEFORE rinsing with water.
Why Coconut Oil Is Good For Your Hair:
  • Adds shine
  • Softens hair
  • Preserves hair's natural proteins, which helps repair damage 
  • Can provide relief from dandruff
  • Improves strength and flexibility because it penetrates the inner part of your hair
Liberty caps hat
$31 - liberty.co.uk


Fragrance
naturesgardencandles.com


GHD hair blow dryer
$12 - thehut.com



Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this, always looking for good hair things.

    Thanks! I love coconut too so may end up eating it all haha.

    Lots of love,
    Em x

    emtalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this out! Thanks :)

    Twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the recommendation, I'll try that and I also use pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair mask which is great too, keeps my hair soft, shiny , frizz less and healthy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using home remedies for my hair, it's super curly and frizzy. I also tend to splurge on good quality products like pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair mask, at least I know they work :)

    ReplyDelete