Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Wanna Dance With Somebody














Happy Halloween everybody! I hope everyone enjoys a ton of candy as I've already done. Today, I went through a lot of different costumes mentally, including Holly Golightly from Breakfast At Tiffanys, Where's Waldo, and even LSP from Adventure Time. I eventually settled on being an 80s girl because I really wanted to recreate the crazy makeup that they used to wear. I like Jem And The Holograms, so I had to use the pinks and purples she wore, and I added stars to complete my makeup. One of my favorite songs from that decade is I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston. I love how innocent and young she looks in that video and how she just seemed like she was having a ton of fun! I didn't recreate the exact look, but I styled myself as I would have loved to dress in the 80s when going out to dance. I wore a white leotard and bright purple tights because that's my favorite color. Then, I added a lace a-line skirt because I always enjoy when my skirts move and flare when I spin. Then I added white slouchy socks and gold hologram ballet flats with a pointy toe! I think my look really comes together with the red jacket that I'm wearing. I found it in the back of my dad's closet, and my mom says it's his Thriller inspired jacket. It's a Marc Buchanan Pelle Pelle jacket. It's so big and oversized, yet it kind of fits the look perfeclty because it hits in all the right places. The finishing touches to my look are my deeply parted wavy hair and big pink bow headband.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Your outwear color is fresh :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete