- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree the strawberries and peaches together.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar, oil, and peach/strawberry puree to the eggs and beat together.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Starting with the flour mixture, alternate mixing the flour mixture and milk to the wet ingredients.
- Separate the cake mix between 9" round pans.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely
- 1 cup peach puree
- 2/3 cup sugar
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tbs of butter
- Bring water to a simmer in a pot over the stove.
- Add the egg yolks, peach puree, lemon juice, and sugar to a bowl.
- Sit the bowl over water, and whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken (around 20 minutes).
- Take off heat, and whisk in the butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8oz packs of cream cheese
- 2 sticks of softened butter (1 cup)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of strawberry puree
- 5 to 6 cups of powdered sugar (to taste)
- Cream together the sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the pinch of salt, vanilla extract, and strawberry puree to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
*note: My frosting was really loose due to heat and the fact that I didn't let it thicken up in the refrigerator for a little bit.