Friday, February 21, 2014

Pocahontas



I've decided to challenge myself to draw more often because my birthday is coming up, and I've planned an extravagant cake. I'm hoping that if I can improve my drawing, my cake decorating skills will also get a boost. Today, my first drawing is of Pocahontas! She is one of my favorite Disney princesses, and the movie is always something that I enjoy watching. I used a mechanical pencil and a sushi eraser on some drawing pad paper. There are some parts that I am not satisfied with, but I think I'll learn how to improve upon those areas the more that I practice. My absolute favorite part of this drawing is definitely her hair because I never thought I could shade hair before. I am realizing that I should definitely invest in the correct type of supplies so that I can create even better masterpieces as time goes on.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This is really great! I miss drawing so much, I never do it these days. You're really good :)

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This drawing is so incredible! Seriously. You're so talented.
    Love it!
    xx
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11298797
    http://www.thedutchcountryside.com/

    ReplyDelete