Saturday, May 31, 2014

Foolish















I've been a fan of Nasty Gal for the longest time now. I remember in high school I would send my friend links to all the clothes that I wanted to buy. I finally decided to go ahead and make my first purchase with them after 4/5 years of creepily stalking the website. I bought 3 pairs of shoes, a dress, and a necklace. I love the shoe options that they have there because I have flat feet, so when I wear heels I prefer them to be platforms or flatforms. Unfortunately, my experience definitely did not live up to my fantasy. My most anticipated pair of shoes had the heel broken off as soon as I opened the package. Of course I went ahead and called them to let them know so I could return them and buy a new pair. They let me know that they had sent me a defective pair of shoes which is why they broke. This is where it starts to get tricky. The shoes are sold out in my size and I bought them during their 50% off clearance sale, so I got them for a really good deal. Now that the sale is over, I already know the money that I spent on the shoes won't be able to buy me anything else on the site, so I feel like I have been cheated out of a nice pair of shoes. I'm currently seeing if I can get them fixed at a cobbler before I return them. Next, the white sandals that I bought have this yellow speckling on the sides, which I'm planning on just washing off (not that big of a deal, but still). My final issue with them is the dress! I always wear a small, but this dress is falling off of me! I had to pin it on the sides to make it fit somewhat properly on me. Only 2 out of the 5 items I ordered arrived perfectly. I feel like I just cannot win with them.

Anyways, despite my personal issues with Nasty Gal, I do really like the items that I ordered. The dress is really pretty in person. It has this nice floral embroidering on this mesh layer of fabric. The layer underneath is like a slip that isn't see through. Due to my personal technical difficulties, I thought I would wear a denim jacket over the dress. I actually like that it helps make the dress look more casual because I thought it was a little too fancy to wear on a normal day. My shoes are these really cute sandals from Nasty Gal that fit my feet perfectly. I love the color because it reminds me of ice cream. They are perfect for this hot weather and they feel like I'm walking on air. I decided to complete my outfit with this cute heart necklace from Nasty Gal as well.

The look:
Foolish

Foolish by l3xiluthor featuring adidas


Adidas jacket
adidas.com


Platform shoes
nastygal.com


With Love From CA heart necklace
pacsun.com



Foolish - Ashanti



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: